My name is Elaine McShane I am a Speech and Language Therapist. I graduated with a BSc (2:1 Honours) in Clinical Speech and Language Studies, from Trinity College, Dublin, in 2005. Since then I have been working with children with a wide variety of speech, language and social difficulties. I have specific skills in working with children with learning disabilities, language delay, attention and social difficulties and those that are on the Autism Spectrum.
I am an active member of The Hanen Centre.
I am fully trained in:
- Hanen ‘It Takes Two to Talk’, ‘Talkability’ and ‘More than Words’ parent programmes
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECs)
- Lamh Accredited Tutor
- The Derbyshire Language Scheme
- Talk Tools- Levels 1 and 2
I have also trained, worked, and attended seminars in areas such as:
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Sensory Integration
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy/ The Michael Palin Stammering Approach
- Education days/seminars organised by the special interest groups I have been involved with. Topics covered include Parent Child Interaction Therapy; Specific Speech and Language Impairment; Developmental Speech Disorders; Sensory Integration
- Attended conferences organised by Down Syndrome Education International
- Trained in First Aid
I am currently working in Donegal and offer home visits in Co. Donegal. Appointments are generally Saturday morning but please contact me to arrange a suitable time.